The financial services industry is becoming a lot less face to face and much more digitalized than ever before. The fear of cyber attacks makes brick and mortar branches a secure backup to some but the preference of the majority is the ease of new applications and online alternatives. Mobile and online banking is much more than a trend, it is a way of life!
Today’s society of constant technology changes and advancements, financial institutions must stay ahead with reactive, proactive, and counteractive measures. Firewalls, IPS/IDS, Anti-virus, and Anti-malware programs are now only basic necessities with the ever-expanding cyber threats.
Our services for the financial services industry
The financial services industry is one of the most regulated industries in the United States. Fianncial services companies must comply with several federal and state regulations such as Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB Act or GLBA), Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) Cybersecurity Assessment Tool, NY State Cybersecurity Requirements, PCI-DSS, and more. These regulations, restrictions and guidelines aim to maintain the integrity of the financial system.
- Security Risk Assessment (NIST CSF, FFIEC CAT or ISO/IEC 27001 based including GLBA)
- New York State Cybersecurity Regulations (23 NYCRR 500)
- PCI assessment and compliance
- Information security program improvement
- Creation of policies and procedures
- Incident response planning
- Vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- CISO as a service
- Physical security and social engineering testing
- Security Awareness training